State Licensing Exams by Jurisdiction - Home Link

ICC National Standard

Local Contractor Exams

QUESTION:  How do I determine which ICC exam I should take?  Only your LOCAL city or county licensing agency (or building department) will know which ICC exam is used for the completion of your licensing process.  The exams listed here are usually administered by a third party provider named “Pearson VUE”.  You must contact them directly to determine the location of your exam testing facility -OR- you may request that you take your exam at home in a live proctored session using your computer and a webcam.  Some local jurisdictions require “Pre-Approval” before you can schedule your exam date.
City and County Exams